Skip to main content

Coming Soon: Bloguary (February Is Gonna Be Big!)

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for your love over the past month.  I kicked off my blog series on December 30th, introducing myself while testing the waters.  To my surprise and delight, they were very well-received.  You all have truly made me feel good about sharing my life and love(s).  Knowing that people actually take time out to read what I have to say, when you could be anywhere else, is love and a group hug in the highest to me.

When I started this, I was unsure about the direction I wanted to take.
  • Photography.  I read years ago that in order to improve my skills and/or build my business, one thing I should do is start a (photography) blog page. 
  • Life.  Part of me just wanted a platform to speak freely about the way I see the world and its people.  I know that sounds like everyone else, but then again, you REALLY don't know how twisted my mind is.  Hence the next bulleted item.
  • My madness.  Practical jokes, stunts and wild experiences that led to fun, fights, suspensions and even some community service.  Some of you will finally be able to say, "I KNEW it was you!!"  April Fool's Day should be fun.
  • My kitchen.  Since I'm one to share the creations from using my Power Pressure Cooker, Roaster and Air-Fryer, I've had several requests to start an internet cooking show and yes, a blog page.  
  • Family, fun and child-rearing.  I've had some great experiences, raising a family.  Thanks to social media, many people on Facebook and Instagram know first-hand how wild we get.  I'm quick to post a photo, video or short story about our #DavisFamilyAdventures.
  • Self-identity.  Thanks to the expert input from my longtime, beloved friend in Africa, I have a renewed interest-   no, I have newfound LOVE for Mother Africa, land of my fathers.  It's my responsibility and privilege to bring respect, clarity and appreciation to the REAL Africa, not what Hollywood has taught us.  In the process, anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who reads should walk away feeling better about who they are, no matter their country of origin.

So I've got all of these topics that could each have their own pages.  Eventually, some of them just might branch off on their own.  But for now, I'm lumping them all together and releasing them when I feel appropriate.  As a result, some things you read will cater to you and your interests, while others might just be interesting.  Rest assured, I intend to make each one enjoyable for you and worth your time.  For the record, I want to steer clear from politics.  I have my views, you have yours and we all have seen enough of it thrown in our face every day.  Same with religion.  I may reference it or share some of my joys with you, but I won't force anything on you.

That being said, February will be known as "Bloguary" because here is where I kick things into high gear.  Although it's the shortest month, it will probably contain the most posts.  However, being Black History Month, I will be focusing on a series that picks up where "Africa: More Than Just Hollywood's Black Panther" left off.  Beginning Bloguary 1st and on each Saturday, I will share a new chapter in the 5-part series, "Africa To America".  And please don't think this series is "just for black folk".  There's plenty in it to motivate and shock all of you.  Between the weekends, I'll release some other fun stuff (Valentine's Day is coming.  Expect a good laugh.), so be ready.

So thank you, everyone, for our support.
Thank you for your kind words of praise and encouragement.
Thank you for following/subscribing.
Thank you for your comments after the posts.
Thank you for sharing (definitely continue).
Most of all, thank you for your love.

I know I can get wordy with my posts, but I make a grand effort to keep you drawn in and entertained until the very end.  I figure, if you're going to donate 7 or 8 minutes of your day to read my Wisdom, Wit & Wickedness, the least I can do is try to make it worth it.

That's all for now.  I love you all immensely and could not do what I do, if not for each and every ONE of you!
See you soon...



Like what you read? Leave a comment!
And feel free to subscribe, share this post and spread the word.
Let me know if there's any particular subject that you'd like me to cover in future posts!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts (Last 30 Days)

The Bobby DeBarge (aka The Boring DeBacle) Story - My Take On It

Tribute To A Friend And A Friendship: Sam Hasapis (R.I.P.)

Woman, I Value You. I Love You.

Father, It Is Finished: A Promise To Daddy

Meeting Chante Moore (Pt 1): Things Idiots (Meaning Me) Do