Skip to main content

EOM Check-In: Health Update (March 1)

Happy March, everybody!  So glad to see you here!

I'm going to ease up on you all this month because people say I got quite deep in February with my "Africa To America" series.  I take that as a high compliment.  I had a lot to say and surprisingly, only covered about half of it.  But I managed enough to educate and change the hearts of quite a few people, so I was told.  I can only hope that they will continue to share those posts with others and my message expands exponentially by the day.

Sooo, since "Bloguary" is over, I'm going to lighten the frequency and intensity this month, but before I get into it, it's time for an End Of Month check-in and health update.

February started off strong, with a continued pace from January.  Unfortunately, I had a few setbacks (or mishaps) and the medical professionals had me reduce some of my activity.  The main ones being the walking and stair climbing.  I also had a few days when my eating habits weren't up to par, and I missed a lot of gym time in the final weeks but I'm not beating myself up about it.

Decreased walking also inhibited my outdoor photography, which honestly wasn't high on my priority list, if at all.  I'm sorry to say that, but I lost a lot of fire last month.  This post is about honesty in my efforts, or the lack thereof.

End result, only 12 lbs in February, as opposed to my goal of 28.  But it's cool.  Every pound down is the opposite of a pound gained.  Right?

I'm back in aquatic therapy now for my shoulder, knee and back (which seems to go out on me without warning, more and more) and I hope to get continuous treadmill and cycle time in this month.  The 28-day challenge will continue, in practice and theory.  I won't go the entire month, but I'll continue the general pattern, allowing myself a few cheat days.  I plan to lose 15+ lbs before the month ends because I'll be out of it for awhile, come April.

That's the big news.  I'll be getting my other knee replaced in April and will be unable to get in decent cardio exercises for the better part of the month.  The first two weeks will be dedicated to putting (a lot of) weight on it, so I'm opting to rehabilitate in a nursing facility, where I'll get 24-hour access to equipment and care.  I would have gone the outpatient route, but I have a lot to do and I feel this is best for me.

Well, that's the long and short of it (mostly short because I know I've hit you all with some messages of darn-near novellette length in recent weeks).  The weight loss continues and the more I lose before surgery, the better and faster I can recover.

Thank you all for the love and I'll see you soon!  Get ready for the insanity...




Like what you read? Leave a comment!
And feel free to subscribe and spread the word.
Let me know if there's any particular subject that you'd like me to cover in future posts!

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts (Last 30 Days)

The Bobby DeBarge (aka The Boring DeBacle) Story - My Take On It

Tribute To A Friend And A Friendship: Sam Hasapis (R.I.P.)

Woman, I Value You. I Love You.

Father, It Is Finished: A Promise To Daddy

Meeting Chante Moore (Pt 1): Things Idiots (Meaning Me) Do