Skip to main content

EOM Check-In: Health Update (Sep 1)

Man, you all have no idea how glad I am to get out of August and begin anew.  Not that the turning of a calendar page makes a whole helluva difference where my health is concerned, but psychologically, it's just what the doctor ordered.

August was a series of misfires, putting it mildly.  My back went out on 3 different occasions, without warning, all but crippling me for 2-4 days each time.  If you've been following my misadventures, you might remember that this began when I got in the path of a distraught woman that jumped off of a rooftop back in December.  I don't complain about that though.  I'd do it again and again.

The first knee replacement continues to trouble me as well.  So much so, it locked up on me and I ended up falling down the lower half of my stairs.  This led to me having to forfeit a maternity photo shoot to another photographer.  I tried to walk a few days after, but that only complicated things.  I should be getting a formal evaluation in a few weeks.  Worst case scenario, they'll have to cut me open and make modifications to the "new" part.  God, I hope not.  I'd have to go through the recovery process all over again.

Finally, just last week, I mistakenly spilled a ladle full of scalding hot broth, fresh out of the pressure cooker, onto my left hand.  Break out the burn gel.

I'm not accident prone, but for the most part, 2019 really hasn't been my year.

In the end, all of my plans for August went south and I got in a record low amount of gym time.  I don't believe in excuses, but it is what it is.

End result: 2 lbs lost.

I'd call that a small victory, but it feels like failure since I had such high hopes (and knowing I lost 20 lbs in July).  But I'll get back on track.  I have to.  I intend to go roller skating before the year ends.

In better news, I'm in a better headspace nowadays and believe me, that's a good thing.  If the main computer ain't functioning, the machine parts operate ineffectively.

So that's it.  No new plans.  Just me, getting back on track.  If you saw my "Rocky Balboa" movie post of inspiration, you know what I'm doing: I'm identifying what I don't have, what I have and making the most of it.  I'm building...                      .

...those hurtin' BOMBS!!!

Check it out here.



See you next month!


Comments

  1. God's speed to you, Kenny. Trust me, two lbs down IS a victory. Keep pushing my friend.❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to look at it that way. Thank you, Adrienne!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts (Last 30 Days)

The Bobby DeBarge (aka The Boring DeBacle) Story - My Take On It

Tribute To A Friend And A Friendship: Sam Hasapis (R.I.P.)

Woman, I Value You. I Love You.

Father, It Is Finished: A Promise To Daddy

Meeting Chante Moore (Pt 1): Things Idiots (Meaning Me) Do